Thursday, September 21, 2006

red rover


I am always on the hunt for the perfect area rug for my living room. So while killing time before meeting friends for dinner this week, I popped into the DWR store on Broadway for some ooohing and ahhhing and a quick peek at their rugs. They have some great new styles, including Angela Adam's Gato rug, which is more serene and far less geometric than her other "traditional" designs. But my favorite find was Nani Marquina's new Roses rug, which looks like a lush blanket of fallen petals.




I bet the felted petals feel really great when you walk on them (not that I would let anyone actually step on it!) and add great texture to a room. I'm not quite sure how you maintain and vacuum the rug -- it looks like once dirt falls beneath the surface, it's staying there for good -- but I love its striking yet pet-able quality. The rug comes in red and ivory and retails for $3,000.

xxx